WELL CHILD VISITS
Well child visits (or check ups) are important, even when you feel that your child is healthy. Regular well child visits will keep your child healthy. During a well visit at Kids Choice Pediatrics, we will evaluate your child's general health, growth and development. We will also give you information and give your child needed medical services such as:
- Health exams
- Tests, such as vision and hearing
- Lab services
- Lead screening (until age 6 or as needed for older children)
- Tracking growth
- Tracking development using developmental screenings
- Medical referrals to specialists, if needed
With regular well child visits, we can often detect and address health problems before they become more serious.
Ask questions ... these visits are the time to ask and receive information about:
- Health and safety
- Nutrition and diet
- Physical fitness and general health care
- Sleep habits
- Growth and development
- Behavior and discipline
- Problems such as emotional, socialization or learning
- Concerns about family problems or about puberty and teenage years
RECOMMENDED WELL CHILD VISIT SCHEDULE
First Year of Life: 1 month, 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, 9 months, 12 months
Second Year of Life: 15 months, 18 months, 24 months
Yearly visits are recommended beginning at 3 years of age.
*Some children may require more frequent and comprehensive visits, depending on their condition.